Friday 23 December 2011

Vavata



    
    Vavata**



When the adage of Universe

was coming to its end

that mother served the last supper

upon the stone of sacrifice.  



The girl who did not desert

her devotion to chastity

is now at the end of fears

and is dipping and bathing

in river Bhavani with                   

all the five Pandavas.



The edict of Yayathi,

who reached in rhythm with  

song of the lone boatman,

in the night unknown to me

was for me alone;

and the vavata 

made by mother

for the new moon day

too was for me alone.



Among the Diverseness

of religions and castes

and along with those

who decreed as imprudent

the truth of my reflections,

were those immoral tricksters

posing as watchmen and guards.



On that solar eclipse day

where unisons did not merge ,

I was in the burial ground

criticizing dogmas and tenets.



And as examples

I cited stories of

pathless earth and

formless  death



And also that I was

the passenger who lost

the path original; and the sad,

victim of all grief and sorrows



And the truth that

 season is my heart 

and the course of hell

is my life indeed.

____________________________

**Rice cakes made on of new moon day

as a ritual.

1 comment: