Friday 23 December 2011

If there is another birth


If there is another birth!!!



A lot of things to remember,

burning truths like the hot rays of midday



No flowers, No peaceful dawn of Vishu*,

no Onam* and no new clothes as Onam gifts

Jesus did not save for me

Easter* or Christmas* star.



Even while waiting for bakr-id*,

I did not remember how big a fool I am



None to see–off,

no one to wait for,

but the drum of cremation

on which destiny beats

is now echoing with

drumming, shouts of joy

and the pleasant rolling sound of women.

How far now? In how many dusks?

In how many burning days?

In how many forms and figures of termitariums?

Twist and curve as snakes?



In moonless nights henceforth

in the crematoriums, which are

reluctant to extinguish;

in the souls which disappear

leaving behind the bones as silent truths;

in the piteousnesses, which burns in pain

in the evenings of human life.



In ghost lands, in the extolments of

a bare span of life,

in the disappointments of my soul,

which you touch with your index finger,

I see you waiting

as a witness of my funeral

where no one else waits.



Your eyes, with the brightness of a star

getting wet on that day

and my coming as a fondling,

savouring your tears with my lips

and the ceased waves of ocean of love

flowing upon us and then

hitting and spraying

and our existing as two tiny bits

of stars unknown to Sun and Moon

could be seen away….

as two shining spots.



“In another birth I will, my Love,

if at all there is another birth,

guard your eyes from getting wet, ever,

without getting away from you.”



With the page of my holy book open

I will wait for you

I am waiting carrying your soul’s pain

as the truth, as the offering

in the violet flower

I am waiting while the violet flower

exists as the truth. 

Maybe, I am a lowly grass for funeral rites,

Maybe the offered witness

in the rice cooked in funerals,

Unknown to night, even unknown to day

In the  summer solstice of mad thoughts 

--------------------------------------------------------

*various festivals.

No comments:

Post a Comment